Thursday, May 31, 2012

A bit of reflection….


I think I’m finally realizing how much I am getting into the training.   It was only last winter when my Dad and I started hiking on a regular basis and I would get pretty tired after completing a measly six mile hike.  Last weekend, I busted out a 16 miler in 4 hours and 10 minutes and then went over to a friend’s house later that afternoon.   I missed the 19 miler with the GC9 group last weekend because I got sick.  My dad finished it in about 6 hours.  He said the trail was a good training loop.  This next Saturday he and I are going to go do the hike.  Dad knows that I really don’t like hiking on the roadway…so he said he will modify the trail that the GC9 group did, eliminating the 4 miles on the road, but adding an additional 6.7 mile loop.  The total hike will be 20.1 miles. 

Wow...you know…our neighboring town Buchanan isn’t even 20.1 miles away…in fact, I don’t think the University Park Mall in Mishawaka, Indiana is even that far away.   I’m really starting to realize how much the human body can endure and really do…with proper conditioning.  My friends think I’m crazy for doing something other than sleeping in on the weekend...but personally, I think it’s pretty amazing and I’m having a lot of fun.  See you on the trails.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment