Saturday, May 19, 2012

Boots...boots...and more boots.


Gear Shopping

We’ve been taking a lot of trips to the store on weekends to find places that have different types of gear.  My dad keeps reminding me that although a lot of people have great advise…I need to do my own research and find out what works for me.  After trying on numerous pairs of boots and shoes I finally decided on the boots that I want to get and today we are going to Cabela’s to try on a few pairs and hopefully purchase my boots. 


I decided that I wanted a new pair of lightweight trail hiking boots instead of another pair of distance running shoes.  I’ve been using my Brooks Running shoes on the hikes up to this point.  Even though they feel really good…they don’t offer me any ankle support.   I decided I am going to get a pair of Merrell Moab GTXs.  My dad and I are going to go for a 6 mile hike so I can break them in a bit before the 16 mile hike at Potato Creek State park next weekend.  I’ll let you know how it goes.

Well, I got my boots.  It was funny, I tried on 3 different pairs of the same boot before I found the pair that felt the best.  My dad got a cup of coffee and had me walk around the store for about an hour to make sure I liked the feel.  I went up and down the stairs in the store about 10 times…just to see how they felt while climbing stuff.  I love them and they feel great.  I can’t wait till tomorrow night when we go for a walk to break them in a little bit.

Charlie

2 comments: